Practice and Experience
Mr. Mullins is a trial lawyer with extensive experience in antitrust litigation, complex commercial litigation, intellectual property litigation, securities litigation, arbitration and employment litigation. In addition, he frequently participates in mediations, both as a litigant and as a mediator. He has practiced before the United States Supreme Court, United States District Courts and United States Courts of Appeals and before state and federal courts in the states of Washington, Alaska, Oregon, Idaho, California, and Illinois, among others. Mr. Mullins is licensed to practice in the states of Washington and Iowa, and in the District of Columbia.
He served as a trial attorney with the United States Department of Justice, Antitrust Division, from 1967 to 1972.
Mr. Mullins is a Fellow in The American College of Trial Lawyers. He is a member of the Washington State, Federal, and American bar associations and has served as a member of numerous committees within these organizations. In addition to other academic achievements, he has an LL.M. from the George Washington University Law School.
Mr. Mullins is one of the authors of the recent publication, Washington Antitrust and Consumer Handbook (third edition, 2001) and frequently speaks at seminars on the subjects of litigation, antitrust and intellectual property.
Community and Civic Activities
Mr. Mullins has been active in organizations that provide interim and transitional housing in Seattle for individuals and families and has, throughout his career, represented institutions and individuals on a pro bono basis. Additionally, he serves as counsel to the Diocese of Olympia (Episcopal - Western Washington).
- Bar Admissions:
- Washington, 1973
- Iowa, 1967
- District of Columbia, 1968
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1998
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1971
- George Washington University National Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia,
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee,
- Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa,
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The District of Columbia Bar
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association
- Past Employment Positions:
- United States Department of Justice (Honor Graduate Program), Trial Attorney, 1967 - 1972
- Phi Alpha Delta